It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood... ¿Want to be gavinated?

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

My motorcycle is probably a write-off

Today was sucky. I was stopped at the intersection of the Yellowhead Highway and 97th street. There are 2 lanes and I was in the right lane. When the light turned green I and the car to my left drove across 97th street, heading west-bound towards the Yellowhead onramp. A car who had apparently been southbound on 97th but trying to left-turn onto the Eastbound Yellowhead came flying into our lanes, going about 20km/h in reverse. What a moron.

The car to my left saw him first and slammed on the brakes, stopping just inches from the idiot's driver door. When he entered my lane, he saw his error and put on the brakes, but not before his back bumper smashed a hole in my engine. I didn't have time to stop, only to lay the bike down somewhat and get off of it.

Note to my motorcycling friends: you can duck-tape a 4 inch hole in your crank case and probably drive your bike 30-40 minutes. But you will lose some oil. I have spent most of my day doing emergency surgury to my GR650, one of my best companions. I think I might of screwed up the liquid gasket. :(

I'm happy I'm not hurt. My leg hurts but I'm not in the hospital. I'm just torqued that guys would try manuevering busy intersections in reverse like that. He was going fast enough in reverse to knock me out for the day.

There's my grumbling.

1 Comments:

Blogger text said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home