It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood... ¿Want to be gavinated?

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Playing with the macbook

Well, I'm seeing all the new things that Tiger can do. Widgets are not just hype: they can do useful things.
I'm deciding what to do about dual-boot and Virtual Machines. It would be nice if there was Vmware available for osx. But there is a petition online to get Vmware to provide their software to people using osx. *edit: I guess they need to hire engineers... Any takers?
Other than that, there is Parallels Desktop, which costs 50$, and Mac on Mac, which doesn't work on Tiger yet.
I guess I will have to do what I did with my old G4, dual boot linux and osx. And maybe I can get vmware running under linux.

TODO: I'm going to put linux install image (downloading as I type) onto my iPod, and see if it is possible to install directly from the iPod. Mostly because I can't find a CD-R in the room and I'm too lazy to put on pants and go looking for one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home